TechSmith is a software company that develops screen capture, screen recording, and video editing software for windows and Mac. The company was founded in Okemos, Michigan in 1987 by William Hamilton. This company’s aim is to provide technology for those people who struggle to communicate effectively. They believe that it’s much easier to understand visual communication rather than words. With TechSmith products, we can create professional, impactful videos and images so that we can share our knowledge with others. Here you will get to see an Honest Techsmith Review 2020.
In 1990 TechSmith launched Snagit, their most popular and best-selling product. TechSmith products and services include also Camtasia and TechSmith Relay.
To understand even better about the different products and the features let’s dive more dipper into this TechSmith review. So let’s start with Snagit,
This is a versatile software compatible with both Windows and Mac where you can capture screen, edit and share the video. Snagit has over 14 million users and you can also be a part of this trustworthy company.
Whether you’re looking to capture images, websites, movie scenes, video games or video clips, Snagit has a number of easy tools that can help. This instinctive and easy to use screen capturing program captures almost every kind of images and videos with outstanding editing capabilities.
With Snagit 2020 you’re able to record screen in several ways. You can target a specific image or a full screen to capture, vertical or horizontal scrolls, long chat messages, a specific window or application, menus, and even multiple areas at once. Snagit gives you unique features that can extract the text from screen capture and allows you to drop it into a text editor.
Other features of Snagit includes-
- Webcam recorder- allows you to record when you are on webcam with friends or making review videos.
- Audio recorder- records audio through a microphone or you can include from your computer’s system audio.
- Animated GIFs- Snagit comes with many custom options to create the perfect GIFs. You can turn any short videos (mp4) into an animated GIF, and share it with friends.
- Trim video clips- remove all the unwanted sections from your screen recordings and keep only the clip which is perfect.
- Record iOS screen– the TechSmith capture app lets you record iOS screen and share it back into Snagit for trimming.
Price of TechSmith Capture App: Snagit 2020
There are different prices of Snagit according to their Individual, Business, Education and Government & non-profit plan. Snagit also offers volume discount pricing that means the more quantity you buy the product the less price it will cost.
The Individual plan of Snagit costs $49.95 which is a onetime fee and offers a single license, can install on 2 machines per user and are compatible with Windows and Mac. At a price of extra $12.49 you can take Snagit Maintenance which includes upgrades to the newest version (released annually) and priority support for one year.
For those who already have an old version of Snagit, you can simply upgrade it to the new version at a cost of just $24.95. For more discounts on this software make use of TechSmith Coupon Code and save huge bucks.
Camtasia is another product of TechSmith, that is especially used for screen recording and video editing. Whether you want to capture video or audio from your computer screen Camtasia has everything you need.
Its video editing software is easy to use that is the main reason I would like to recommend it. Record from your computer screen and edit your projects with the easy to use video editor. You can even edit content captured from a video camera of your smartphone.
Camtasia is one of the best screen recording software for video tutorials, meeting recording, YouTube videos, presentation recording and more. It has simple but powerful features that you can use to create extraordinary videos. With Camtasia, you can-
- Import video and audio file
- Record video from your screen with webcam toggle
- Pre-made animation. With drag and drop functionality we can add effects and polish our videos.
- Use royalty-free music and sound effects from the library of Camtasia
- Use transition between scenes and slides
- Add motion graphic
- Add zoom in, zoom out, and pan animation to your screen recording
- Choose from hundreds of icons to insert into your videos
- Create quizzes
Price of Camtasia
The price of Camtasia can cost you $249.00 (one-time fee) for single licensing and is compatible with both Windows and Mac. You can also take Camtasia maintenance at $49.75 which includes upgrades to the newest version (released annually) and priority support for one year.
If you already have an old version of Camtasia than you can just upgrade it to a new one at a price of just $99.50. If you still feel uncomfortable to buy this screen capturing software you can have a try once as Camtasia is offering you a 30-days money-back guarantee.
Camtasia Review: The Pros and Cons
TechSmith is a reputed company and never leaves its product imperfect. So, the TechSmith creation Camtasia has more pros than cons.
The main advantage of Camtasia is that it allows you to capture every kind of video and edit with easy tools given. The features provided by Camtasia helps to make videos that actually we can to create and even a beginner or expert can work on it.
There is a lot of Camtasia Review & video tutorial available which will guide you to explore more about screen capturing software. Camtasia’s customer support is excellent, their team is there for you 24/7 if you have any queries or having technical issues.
Now, if we talk about the cons, the price of the Camtasia screen recorder is a bit high. $249.00 is expensive for those who just want to make video tutorials, edit video and create a short simple screencast. There are a few more cons but we can surely ignore it.
TechSmith Relay is a presentation recording tool that provides instructor and trainer with all the features mandatory to record video, share and manage them. Create and share an educational video to increase student engagement in online and blended courses.
TechSmith Relay workflow can be accessed through desktop, mobile and cloud deployment which makes teaching more effective and improve student engagement. This lecture recording software was awarded Frost & Sullivan ’Global Lecture Capture Award’. It has the capability to receive an award as it is integrated with Camtasia and Snagit which makes Relay more powerful.
Features of TechSmith Relay
This easy to use video creation and sharing platform is built in a purpose for those students and teachers who don’t have time to learn complicated video creation tools and workflows. TechSmith Relay makes things easy, fast and effective. Let’s have a look at some of the features-
- Web-based screen and webcam recorder
- Mobile recording apps for iOS or Android
- Integration with Camtasia and Snagit
- In-video quizzes- with multiple choices, true/false, fill in the blank, and short answer questions within videos you can engage maximum students
- LMS integration- Easily record and watch videos directly in your existing Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, Brightspace, or other LMS. Analytics and quiz scores can go automatically into your grade book.
- Simplified content management- Each user has own library to store content and can share with others that is fully secure. Define permissions, track analytics, add captions, and edit content from the library.
TechSmith is a reliable company and each product it’s offering to the users is satisfying whether its Snagit, Camtasia or TechSmith Realy. Every TechSmith Review on the search engine is positive because it has never compromised with its product. You can have any one of these products according to your need.
Use Snagit for the robust screen capture and recording with built-in image editing and video trimming. Make use of Camtasia for screen recording and video editing with simple drag and drop effects. TechSmith Relay is an educational video platform with powerful LMS integration, in-video quizzes, closed captioning, and more.Promo O Codes