We all know the importance of sewing machines in these modern days. The attire is the first thing that reflects the personality of the person. Perhaps you may have faced a time in your life when the cloth you want to wear right at that point was unstitched. Maybe you were disappointed at that time but thanks to Singer handheld sewing machine which can give you an immediate solution.
Singer sewing machines are known for their quality, features, and price. With this article, we will be talking about the Singer handheld machine, its features, pros and cons, and some other points to consider. So let’s see how this handheld sewing machine will benefit you.
About Singer 01633 Sewing Machine
Singer hand held sewing machine is one of the best brands of sewing machine you can buy. This mighty Singer 01633 sewing machines can fix your daily household clothes quickly. The machine is easy to operate and very light in weight that you can easily carry it with your luggage also.
You can stitch light fabrics like wool, cotton, silk, nylon, and some more that are not thick more than 1.8 mm. The cordless machine is easy to operate with batteries and that’s why you can use it anywhere and anytime you want.
Here are some of the basic information about this product.
- Material – Metal
- Weight –83 Pounds
- Dimensions – 9 x 2.25 x 7.5 inches
- Power Source – Batteries only
Features Of Singer Handheld Sewing Machine
If we talk about its general features then there are some that are listed below,
- Light in weight with approximately 0.93 pounds only
- Easy to use as a beginners
- Works with light fabrics
- Runs on 4 AA batteries
- Included Singer handheld machine manual
- Small in size to carry easily in your bag also
As we have seen above that it can serve only the basic purpose and you can’t use this sewing machine for quilting and embroidery. However, there are some best sewing machines for quilting under $500 that you can use.
Talking about the accessories then, you may get some included sewing accessories like
- 3 Threaded bobbins
- 3 Needles
- 1 Needle threader
- 1 Spindle
How to Use Singer Handheld Sewing Machine
Below we have mentioned singer handheld sewing machine instructions that help you to use it easily.
- Insert Batteries- The first step to use this hand sewing machine is to put the batteries inside the machine properly.
- Set Up the Bobbin- The bobbin is the small reel design wheel that holds the thread. Slide the bobbin after you have pulled off the bobbin holder and spring carefully over the hole of the holder of the bobbin.
- Thread the Needle- Pull the thread’s end away from the bobbin towards the sewing machine’s front. Put the thread into the needle’s eye.
- Start Sewing- After you have done with all the above steps, now you can start sewing after switching the button.
- Secure the Stitches- This is the final step where you have to secure the stitches using the rotary wheel. You need to raise the needle by turning the rotary wheel that can create a loop in the thread on the backside of the fabric.
Pros & Cons of Singer Hand Crank Sewing Machine
Based on our personal experiences we have found out some of the pros and cons that are discussed below,
|Lightweight & easy to carry||Stitches are not tight|
|Battery operated||No power source|
|Easy to use as a beginner||Sew lightweight fabrics only|
|Cheap and affordable|
You can now stay confident without having embarrassed in the public or meeting with this Singer hand held sewing machine. Being small in size it’s easy to carry while traveling also. Even you can stitch in office, train, car or anywhere even while on the side of the road also. You can even categorize this stitching machine as the best sewing machine under $50. Our recommendation to you is that if you just want for simple easy to carry and for light fabrics only then you should go with this. As if you don’t have enough budget and want to sew heavy fabrics then you can consider sewing machines under $200. You can get lots of amazing features that can fulfill most of your sewing needs. This was the Singer handheld sewing machine review by our side. Hope you now take your decision over this machine wisely.