If you are not new to the digital art world and have an interest in creating or editing photos and making comics and animations, then you must have heard of Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint.
As both these software programs provide an amazing array of tools, you must have been confused about which one to choose. To remove your confusion regarding both, we have brought this comparison between Clip Studio Paint Vs Photoshop. So, you will have a clearer perspective on both of them.
Photoshop Vs Clip Studio Paint: Introduction
Once we begin with a detailed comparison of Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint, let’s get an overview of both. So, this will help you understand both Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop.
Clip Studio Paint Introduction
Clip Studio Paint is a platform used by digital art enthusiasts. In Clip Studio Paint Vs Photoshop, it is a complete all-in-one package solution. Moreover, Clip Studio paint is used to create comics, webtoons, 2D or 3D animations, and character art. It is mainly used by professional graphics content creators.
Below we have provided all the Clip Studio Paint pros and cons that you should have a look at.
Pros Of Clip Studio Paint:
- It is used to create webtoons, comics, 2D animations, and character art, and even allows 3D animation.
- It is used by professional graphics content creators, illustrators, manga artists, and animation studios.
- Provides quality brushes and tools.
- It is very easy to learn the software.
- CSP comes on a very low budget.
- It provides a wide range of free trial periods.
- Has an advanced vector ToolKit.
- Allows you to modify and use 3D models and objects.
- It has the latest AI technology that does everything for you.
- Has options for light and dark themes.
Cons Of Clip Studio Paint:
- Its user interface is a bit complex.
- Crowded interface.
- Does not support audio in animation.
- The huge price difference between EX and Pro.
Photoshop is used to edit photos and also for graphic design. The Photoshop software is designed by Adobe and provides many advanced tools to create, edit, or manipulate photos.
In Clip Studio Paint Vs Photoshop, here we are gonna discuss the pros and cons of Photoshop.
Pros Of Photoshop:
- Used to edit photos and graphic design.
- Allows you to create your 3D artwork.
- Mainly it is used by professional photographers and designers.
- Hue and saturation- the important tools provided by Photoshop.
- Works on Windows, macOS, Linux, Chromebook, iPad, iPhone, Galaxy, and Android.
- It supports many file types.
- Provides up to free cloud storage of 20 GB to 1 TB.
- Allows collaboration and gives access to all the members of the team.
- It supports the following file formats such as JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, MOV, DPX, MPEG-4, and PDF.
- It provides a fast and efficient environment to edit your photos.
Cons Of Photoshop:
- Its biggest drawback is that its plans are very costly. All the plans offered are costly.
- Provides fewer days of the free trial period.
- Has limited customer support options.
- Some of its interfaces are a bit confusing to work on.
- It is a difficult software program to master on.
- There are no annual updates on it.
Clip Studio Paint Vs Photoshop: Features
Take a glance at the important features offered by both Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop.
Features Of Clip Studio Paint
The following are the features offered by Clip Studio Paint:
- It supports the vector layer.
- You can get 10 GB of cloud storage with it.
- It provides Export to Photo Library, Export, Export multiple pages, Export animation, Export webtoon, and Export vectors functions.
- You will get a Change material settings function.
- It has a Quick Share option available.
- Provides the following 3D-related functions: Exporting primitive UV maps, exporting panorama UV maps, and exporting panorama images.
- OpenToonz scene files can be exported.
- Provides up to 24 frames for gifs and short animations.
- It provides natural, customizable pen and the best CSP brush tools that you can also import.
- Offers a 3-month free trial for Windows, iPad, Chromebook, Android, and Mac and a 6-month free trial for Galaxy.
- It gives a lifetime free offer for iPhone users.
- Provides 24/7 technical support to solve your queries.
Features Of Photoshop
Below are the features that are offered by Photoshop:
- Provides a free trial of 7 days.
- Photoshop provides a less crowded interface.
- It gives layers palette, that helps you to draw or design elements of your documents independently in layers.
- Has Photoshop’s selection tools.
- Provides a pen tool to design, edit, or draw your image.
- Has many shapes that are a greatly advantageous feature for graphics designers.
- Photoshop provides a vector mask that creates a masking portion of an object by using a grayscale color combination.
- Has a slice tool that helps to snip the images into slices so that the loading of a can be mitigated to a greater extent.
- Provides extra features such as print, 3D, the web, and more.
- Has many retouching tools.
- It has Photoshop creative cloud.
In Photoshop Vs Clip Studio Paint, both the software programs provide good features to enhance your digital art. Both Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop offer many new advanced features.
Clip Studio Paint Vs Photoshop: Pricings
Let’s see the pricing for both Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint. Pricing of any service or product plays an important role in comparing.
Clip Studio Paint Pricing
CSP has a minimum starting price of $0.99 per month. Clip Studio Paint offers two versions, Pro and EX, where EX is the advanced version of Pro. Moreover, these Pro and EX versions have a CSP one-time purchase and a 12-month option. You can choose any one of them according to your needs.
Let’s have a look at the pricing of Clip Studio Paint:
|Plans Of Clip Studio Paint||Pricing of the plans|
|Monthly Plans||$0.99 per month|
|Clip Studio Paint Pro 12-month license||$24.99|
|Clip Studio Paint EX 12-month license||$71.99|
|Clip Studio Paint Pro one-time purchase||$49.99|
|Clip Studio Paint EX one-time purchase||$219.00|
You can easily upgrade Clip Studio Paint Pro To Ex. You can use these plans on your Windows, macOS, iPad, iPhone, Galaxy, Android, or Chromebook device.
The minimum starting price of Photoshop image editing software is $20.99 per month. It offers two more plans and more storage for its users.
Let’s check all the plans and pricing offered by Photoshop:
|Plans Of Photoshop||Pricing of the plans||Storage Offered|
|Photoshop||$20.99 per month||100 GB storage|
|Photography||$19.99 per month||1 TB of storage|
|Creative Cloud||$54.99 per month||100 GB of cloud storage|
In Adobe Photoshop Vs Clip Studio Paint, the pricing of CSP is comparatively cheaper than that of Photoshop. Moreover, Clip Studio Paint offers a wider variety of plans than Photoshop. So, CSP has better pricing to offer its customers. Moreover, you can use CSP coupon code 2023 to get up to 50% discount.
Clip Studio Paint Vs Photoshop: Editing Tools
In this section, we will discuss the editing tools offered by Photoshop or Clip Studio Paint. Whether it be Photoshop or Clip Studio Paint, both offer equally amazing editing tools.
Clip Studio Paint: Editing Tools
Clip Studio Paint does not offer many editing tools for your comics, animations, or webtoons. However, let’s take a glance at what it offers:
- Figure tool
- Auto-select tools
- Six pen tools
- Pencil and mechanical pencils
- Seven brush tools
- Correct line tool
- Animation timeline
- Decoration brushes
CSP has many more tools to offer than these.
Photoshop: Editing Tools
Photoshop has more editing tools to offer than CSP to edit photos. Moreover, take a look at the editing tools offered by it:
- Spot healing brush tool
- Magic eraser
- 3D material eyedropper tool
- Color sample tool
- Layer blending
- Path selection tool
- Paint bucket tool
- Custom shape tool
- Path selection tool
- Patch tool
- Magic wand
- Slice tools
- Clone stamp tool
Photoshop has far more editing tools than this.
In Photoshop Vs Clip Studio Paint, both offer an equal number of editing tools. But Photoshop has a bit more to offer its users.
Clip Studio Paint Vs Photoshop: Platforms Supported
Platform support by a software program is an extremely important criterion in comparison. Let’s check the platforms supported by both Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop.
Platforms supported by Clip Studio Paint
Clip Studio Paint is available on a wide variety of platforms. Though its versatility decreases when it comes to an Android or an iPhone.
Otherwise, it has a great variety of features for Windows, macOS, or Linux. The following are the platforms supported by CSP:
- Samsung Galaxy
Platforms supported by Photoshop
Photoshop is available on most of the latest platforms. It is supported in Windows from Windows 10 onwards. But it offers fewer options for phone users, similar to CSP. The following are the platforms on which Photoshop is offered:
In Photoshop Vs CSP, both are supported on almost every platform. But Clip Studio Paint gives its users more platform options.
Clip Studio Paint Vs Photoshop: Free Trial Offered
In this section, we will be discussing the free trial periods offered by both of these programs. A free trial period offered by a company or piece of software narrows down our hunt for the best one.
Clip Studio Paint- Free Trial
CSP offers many ways of offering trial periods for their customers. It has a 30-day trial period, a 3-month trial period, and a 6-month free trial available for different devices. Moreover, if you are an iPhone user, then Clip Studio Paint is free for you every day.
Let’s check the free trial time period and their availability on operating systems:
|Trial Period||Availability on OS or devices|
|30-day trial period||Windows, macOS or iPad|
|3 months trial period||Windows, macOS, iPad, Android, or Chromebook|
|6 months trial period||Galaxy|
|Lifetime trial period||iPhone|
Photoshop- Free Trial
Photoshop does not even provide a free 30-day trial period to its users. It just offers a 7-day free trial period, after which you have to purchase its paid plan to continue its services.
If you don’t cancel your plan before the completion of 7 days, then you are bound to purchase their services. Photoshop’s free trial period is available for both operating systems: Windows and Mac.
In Photoshop Vs CSP, Clip Studio Paint offers a better free trial period. Compared to CSP, Photoshop does not provide many free trials.
Clip Studio Paint Vs Photoshop: Ease Of Use
In either of the software programs, Photoshop or Clip Studio Paint both provide different and their own interfaces to use. The interface of a software program determines its ease of use.
Clip Studio Paint: Interface
CSP provides a completely easy interface to use so that anyone can use it easily. Even if its interface is a bit crowded, it is still flexible to use. So, if you are a beginner or a student, you would not find much difficulty in using it for the very first time.
Photoshop does not have a complex interface for the users, but still, some parts of it sometimes confuse them. However, it also has a few interface options for the users.
In Photoshop Vs Clip Studio Paint, both have an easy-to-use interface with a bit of difficulty. So, it actually becomes hard to tell which program has a more complex interface between Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop.
CSP Vs Photoshop: Customer Support
In this section of Clip Studio Paint Vs Photoshop, we will be analyzing the technical customer support offered by both Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint.
Clip Studio Paint- Customer Support
Clip Studio Paint provides 24/7 customer support for its users to resolve their queries, inquiries, or any kind of request about CSP. Moreover, it also provides FAQs to solve your general queries related to the software.
Clip Studio Paint provides emails via which you can send your queries. Usually, they respond within 1-2 business days.
Photoshop- Customer Support
You can contact Photoshop through phone chat forums. If you have a query, you can solve it by contacting Photoshop through the forums.
Moreover, it also has the option of live executives to contact them through real people in real time. However, Photoshop does not provide many options to contact or connect with them.
In Clip Studio Paint Vs Photoshop, we can clearly see that CSP provides better customer support with emails, FAQs, and 24/7 support. Whereas Photoshop has limited options for customer support.
Clip Studio Paint Vs Photoshop: Overall Overview
In the above section, we have discussed all the important features of both Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop. We narrowed the search even further by providing a conclusion after discussing a feature.
So, in the table below, we have given a broad overview of both software programs’ features:
|Key Features||Clip Studio Paint||Photoshop|
|Service Offered||2D or 3D animations, comics, webtoons, and character art||Used to edit photos and graphic design.|
|Cost||Has a starting price of $0.99 per month.It is relatively cheaper.||$20.99 per month, is a bit high cost.|
|Cloud storage offered||Provides up to 10 GB of cloud storage||Provides up to 20 GB to 1 TB of cloud storage|
|Platform supports||Windows, macOS, Linux, iPad, iPhone, Galaxy, and Chromebook||Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, and iPhone|
|Free trial period||30 days, 3 months, 6 months, and a lifetime free trial period.||7 days free trial period|
|Customer Service||24/7 customer service, email, and FAQs||Phone chat forums, and live executive|
|Interface||Crowded interface||Less crowded interface|
Which Of CSP and Photoshop Provides More Tools?
Both provide an almost equal number of tools to edit or create your pictures and art. Moreover, Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint provide many tools to enhance your art.
Which One Gives A Better Trial Period Option, Clip Studio Paint or Photoshop?
Without a doubt, CSP has a longer free trial period than Photoshop in Clip Studio Paint Vs Photoshop. It offers a 30-day, 3-month, or 6-month free trial period. Moreover, if you are an iPhone user, you can use the free version every day, and there is no limit on the free period.
On Which Platforms Are Photoshop And Clip Studio Paint Available?
Both software programs, either Clip Studio Paint or Photoshop, work on almost all platforms. However, Clip Studio Paint shows more versatility here. Photoshop is available on Windows, Mac, Linux, the iPhone, and the iPad. Similarly, CSP is available on Windows, macOS, Linux, Galaxy, Chromebook, iPad, and iPhone.
The Final Verdict- Photoshop Vs Clip Studio Paint
In the above article, Clip Studio Paint Vs Photoshop, we have seen the pricing, features, and cons of both. Moreover, even after every comparison, we have concluded which is better and why. In some aspects, both stood out quite well.
After analyzing and comparing all the criteria, we can conclude that Clip Studio Paint is better than Photoshop. No doubt, Photoshop is great when it comes to editing pictures. However, in terms of features, pricing, and a free trial period, it is clear that CSP has much more to offer its users.
In Photoshop Vs CSP, Clip Studio Paint is best for digital art. After analyzing and comparing, it can be concluded that CSP is better in terms of both features and pricing.
In Clip Studio Vs Photoshop CC, CSP is far cheaper than Photoshop. It has a starting price of just $0.99 per month. Even its 12-monthly license plan is way cheaper. You can get it at a cheaper price during Clip Studio Paint sale 2023.
Check out other related comparisons: