Usually, when we think of any software related to digital art and design, one thing that surely comes to our mind is Clip Studio Paint. But are you facing an issue with the software and its pricing? Or are you looking for Clip Studio Paint alternative in 2023?
Then surely you are reading the correct article because here we are going to discuss everything related to the 10 best CSP alternatives. Moreover, we will present an overall overview of their pricing and features, so that you can select the best for yourself.
Best Alternatives To Clip Studio Paint 2023
Well, there are more than 30 alternatives of Clip Studio Paint available on the market. But after using, analyzing, and comparing the features and pricing of each one, we have selected the 10 best-paid alternatives to Clip Studio Paint that can be used in 2023:
- Affinity Designer
- Adobe Illustrator
- Vector Magic
- PaintTool SAI
- Gravit Designer
If you are unsatisfied with Clip Studio Paint, then you can surely opt for any of these best competitors to Clip Studio Paint in 2023. However, let’s understand, in short, the need for an alternative of Clip Studio Paint.
Why Do You Need Alternatives To Clip Studio Paint?
Clip Studio Paint is no doubt an amazing program to create comics and 2D or 3D animations. But there are a few reasons why you need Clip Studio Paint alternatives. Let’s check out the reasons:
- Clip Studio Paint prices are a bit high and sometimes become unaffordable for beginners.
- There lies a huge price difference between Clip Studio Paint EX and Pro.
- Clip Studio Paint’s interface is made more for professional use, so beginners find difficulty in using it.
- One of the drawbacks is that it does not support audio in animation.
- Initially, it is quite difficult to set up Clip Studio Paint on your devices.
These reasons are enough to suggest the need for alternatives to Clip Studio Paint.
Top 10 Clip Studio Paint Alternatives In 2023
By now, you know the names of the best competitors to Clip Studio Paint that you can use in 2023. For your better understanding and clarification, we have discussed the features and pricing of each one. So, in this section of the article, we will discuss them thoroughly and in detail.
Affinity Designer can be concluded as the best Clip Studio Paint alternative in 2023. Usually, users prefer to use Affinity Designer after CSP to create logos, icons, print projects, and UI designs.
It can be used on Windows, macOS, and iPad versions for editing vector graphics. Even Affinity Designer provides amazing vector tools such as a toolkit, pencil, brushes, and contour tools. Other than this, you can also check out the Clip Studio Paint Vs Affinity Designer comparison to know which is best.
Unlike Clip Studio Paint, Affinity Designer can zoom over 1000000% without disturbing the pixels of your image. Moreover, you can try the software during a 10-day free trial period, then decide whether you want to purchase it or not.
Features of Affinity Designer:
- It is a one-time pay software, you don’t have to pay monthly to get its subscription.
- Easy to learn the software.
- Available on Windows, macOS, and iOS.
- Affinity Designer supports export image formats such as PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PSD, PDF, SVG, EPS, EXR, and HDR.
- You can view multiple canvases within a single document.
- Provides CAD tools.
- Zoom up to 1000000%.
- Has an amazing set of toolkits, pencils, and brushes.
Pricing Of Affinity Designer
The minimum starting price of the Affinity Designer plan is $21.95 for a one-time payment that is much cheaper than CSP one time purchase. The pricing of Affinity Designer is different for the three different operating systems.
Let’s take a look at the plans and pricing of Affinity Designer:
|Affinity Designer Plans||Pricing for the one-time purchase of the plans|
|Affinity V2 Universal license||$181.83|
Adobe Illustrator is another one of the best Clip Studio Paint alternatives. It is one of the oldest Adobe products that has been used for vector art editing and animation.
Adobe Illustrator has fewer tutorials than Clip Studio Paint, but it definitely has great and advanced tools to draw and edit pictures easily. It can be used on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
Moreover, Affinity Designer is mostly used by professional artists to edit pictures because of its greater diversity of tools than Clip Studio Paint. It also provides a free trial for 7 days whereas its competitor offers Clip Studio Paint 3 month free trial.
Key features of Adobe Illustrator:
- Provides CAD tools.
- Adobe Illustrator can be used on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
- Free trial of 7 days.
- It has collaboration tools.
- Adobe Illustrator supports the following file formats such as SVG, PDF, EPS, WMF, and VML.
- Asynchronous editing is free for users.
- Illustrator has enhanced zoom magnification features.
- You can maintain the image quality.
Pricing Of Adobe Illustrator
The minimum starting price of Adobe Illustrator for an individual plan is $24.14 for the monthly subscription. It is one of the great Clip Studio Paint alternative androids. Let’s understand the plans and pricing of this app similar to Clip Studio Paint:
|Adobe Illustrator Plans||Pricing of the plans|
|Individual plan||$24.14 per month|
|Business plan||$91.99 per month|
Another Clip Studio Paint alternative is Vector Magic. This software program is used to create vector images. Vector Magic has some capability of analyzing your image and detecting the appropriate settings to vectorize it.
Moreover, Vector Magic can convert JPG, PNG, BMP, and GIF images to EPS, SVG, and PDF vector images. It provides the easiest platform to convert your images to vectors.
It works on the small details of your vector image and ensures each pixel of your image is precisely in the right place. Moreover, you have to pay very little to get this amazing tool.
Features of Vector Magic:
- It converts bitmap images to vector images.
- Convert JPG, PNG, BMP, and GIF images to EPS, SVG, and PDF vector images.
- Offers two kinds of plans: online edition and desktop edition.
- Has auto-detected settings.
- For desktop, it works on Windows, and for mobile phones, it works on Android.
- Provides email for customer support.
- Vector Magic is great for image editor and tracing.
- Supports 2D drawing.
Pricing Of Vector Magic
The minimum starting cost of the online edition of Vector Magic is $5.49 per month. Moreover, you can cancel the monthly plan anytime you want. Let’s check out the other plans of this cheapest Clip Studio Paint alternative Windows:
|Vector Magic plans||Pricing of the plans||Type of plan|
|Online Edition||$5.49 per month||Browser-based web application|
|Desktop Edition||$295 per license (one-time charge)||Stand-alone desktop application.|
Procreate is the best Clip Studio Paint alternative iPad to make digital paintings. Generally, it is used by freelancers, large enterprises, mid-size businesses, and small businesses.
This is a great alternative to Clip Studio Paint, which can be used to process bitmap images. Moreover, with Procreate’s tools and effects, you can also work on pixels.
The pricing of Procreate is way cheaper than Clip Studio Paint and can only be used on an iPad or iPhone. Moreover, you are free to use the brush sets in it or create your own to do digital paintings.
Features Of Procreate:
- Works for iPad.
- It can be used to create paintings and draw digital sketches.
- Provides creative tools to customize textures and give effects.
- Easy interface.
- Procreate can be easily used by freelancers and beginners because of its ease of use.
- Give your image an efficient look with the help of brushes given or create your brush.
- Provides design templates.
- The cheapest alternative of Clip Studio Paint.
Pricing Of Procreate
The alternative to Clip Studio Paint, Procreate, has only one plan for iPad users, which is just $9.99 for a one-time payment. It is also the cheapest alternative to Clip Studio Paint.
PaintTool SAI is considered another excellent Clip Studio Paint alternative for beginners. It provides the cleanest and easiest interface to use and learn for digital art.
Moreover, PaintTool SAI is used for raster graphics editing and also for editing digital art. It also provides many excellent features to edit your art; we will talk about them in the next section.
It provides a free trial of 31 days to its users. However, you can use the PaintTool SAI software only on your Windows computer. It is high quality and an excellent lightweight software used for painting.
Features of PaintTool SAI:
- It is lightweight software.
- Excellent anti-analyzed drawings.
- Supports only in the Windows operating system.
- Provides fully automatic digitizer.
- It has 16-bit ARGB channels for highly precise composition.
- Easy to learn the software.
- Powerful but lightweight software.
- It provides full support for Intel MMX technology.
Pricing Of PaintTool SAI
The starting price for PaintTool SAI is just $52. However, this Clip Studio Paint alternative for Windows offers a 31-day free trial period. So, if you are not sure about opting for this software, then you must go for the trial period to test the software.
SVGator is the best animation Clip Studio Paint alternative to be used in 2023. It has animation tools to easily convert your SVG image into an animated GIF or a WebGL animation.
Moreover, SVGator does not provide an option for a one-time payment; rather, you have to pay monthly to get its services. It provides an amazing interface that creates high-quality animation. SVGator has a free version available but with limited features.
SVGator provides you with the drag and drop feature, by which you can easily drag the image and drop it directly on the SVGator interface to animate it. Moreover, it also has the option to view the animation in real time.
Key features of SVGator:
- Converts images into animation.
- Has drag and drop feature to easily facilitate the animation process.
- Has an easier interface for professionals and beginners than Clip Studio Paint.
- SVGator provides a preview panel to test your animations in real-time.
- Provides a tool for making high-quality animations.
- Has a content library to save your frames and animation elements that you wish to.
- Provides free service but with limited features.
- Unlike Clip Studio Paint, SVGator has many excellent features like pre-built templates, a search filter tool, and third-party integration.
Pricing Of SVGator
The minimum starting price of the annual lite plan of SVGator is $12 per month. This Clip Studio Paint alternative has two different plans to offer: a monthly plan and an annual plan. Let’s check out all the plans offered by SVGator:
|SVGator Plans||Sub-plans of the main SVGator plan||Pricing for SVGator plans|
|Lite||$16 per month|
|Pro||$28 per month|
|Lite||$12 per monthBilled $144 per year|
|Pro||$20 per monthBilled $240 per year|
Gravit Designer is the best cloud-based Clip Studio Paint alternative. So, you can access your projects anytime and anywhere you want. This is the biggest advantage you can take while using Gravit Designer.
Gravit Designer comes in two versions: paid and free. However, obviously, the paid version has many more features to offer than the free version. Using the software and its tool can be a bit hard for beginners as it’s a completely different type of software to use.
With the help of Gravit Designer, you can do many things to your picture by adding beautiful filters, removing noise, and altering brightness, contrast, saturation, and vibrance.
Key features of Gravit Designer:
- It is a cloud-based software.
- You can access your project work anywhere and anytime you want.
- Gravit Designer allows you to work in offline mode also.
- Provides unlimited cloud storage in the paid version.
- You can access the software from tablets (iOS and Android), Chromebooks, and PCs with touchscreen.
- Gravit Designer gives you an intuitive color picker with RGB, HSB, and CMYK modes.
- It also allows you to create complex compound shapes with the help of Live Boolean operations.
Pricing Of Gravit Designer
The minimum starting price of the paid version of Gravit Designer would be $49.99 per month. Moreover, you can get all the features with this app similar to Clip Studio Paint.
CorelDRAW is another of the best Clip Studio Paint alternatives on this list. It is a vector graphics editor program that stands out well in the field of design and editing. Moreover, CorelDRAW has 15 days free trial period.
CorelDRAW provides a user-friendly interface and is easy to use for beginners who don’t have much knowledge about the software. Moreover, it has easy tutorials and video tutorials for beginners.
It has advanced features like drawing templates and preset lettering styles that easily help you create vector graphic designs. However, CorelDRAW doesn’t support animation and motion graphics.
Features of CorelDRAW:
- It is used to design and edit vector graphics.
- Has a user-friendly interface.
- Easy to use for beginners.
- Provides tutorial and video tutorials for beginners.
- Provides 15 day free trial period.
- Has a toolkit to create amazing graphics.
- CorelDRAW has easy-to-use text tools.
- Has features like drawing templates and preset lettering styles.
Pricing Of CorelDRAW
The minimum starting price of the monthly plan of this Clip Studio Paint alternative is $55 per month. But CorelDRAW has two other plans to offer. Let’s check out other plans for it:
|CorelDRAW Plans||Pricing of the CorelDRAW plans|
|Monthly Plan||$55 per month|
|Yearly Plan||$439 per year|
|One-time license plan||$859 one-time payment|
SketchBook is another Clip Studio Paint alternative Android by Autodesk that lets you create beautiful sketches and paintings. It provides many tools and features that make working with it easier.
You can use SketchBook to draw beautiful sketches on your Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android. However, it does not provide free trials like competitors to Clip Studio Paint.
Moreover, it has many new patterns, textures, and gradients to professionally customize your image. Both Clip Studio Paint and Sketchbook provide a clean and easy interface but Sketchbook gives you highly customizable brushes to create your artwork.
Key features of SketchBook:
- Works on the following systems Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Provides free service for SketchBook android use.
- Provides many new patterns, textures, and effects to add to your image.
- Has a clean interface.
- Provides custom brushes.
- You can use it on your phone devices.
- You can easily design templates.
- Provides CAD tools.
- Has tools to make your images look professional.
Pricing Of SketchBook
The minimum starting price of the SketchBook for the Microsoft option is just $13.37. However, the Android version is free for mobile phones. Let’s check out the plans and pricing of this Clip Studio Paint alternative:
|SketchBook Plans||Pricing for SketchBook plans|
|SketchBook Pro for Mac app||$19.99|
|SketchBook Pro for Microsoft||$13.37|
|SketchBook for phone||FREE|
|SketchBook for android||FREE|
Sketch will be the last Clip Studio Paint alternative on this list in 2023. However, it can only be used by Mac users. Sketch has excellent tools required for digital art and design.
Moreover, it provides you with the option of collaboration so that you can work with your team efficiently and smoothly. Sketch provides a very easy-to-use interface.
Features of Sketch:
- Has vector editing tools.
- Can only be used on Mac.
- Provides a 30-day free trial period.
- Allows collaboration with teams.
- Easy-to-use interface for anyone.
- Has a resource library for learning and plugins.
- It has layouts to help businesses.
Pricing For Sketch
The minimum starting price of the Sketch standard is $9 per month. This Clip Studio Paint alternative has two kinds of plans: monthly and yearly. Let’s check out the other plans for Sketch:
|Plans of Sketch||Sub-plans of Sketch plans||Pricing of Sketch plans|
|Standard||$9 per month|
|Business||$20 per month|
|Standard||$99 per year|
|Business||$240 per year|
What Are The Apps Similar To Clip Studio Paint?
There are many competitors to Clip Studio Paint, namely, Affinity Designer, Adobe Illustrator, Vector Magic, SVGator, Procreate, PaintTool SAI, Gravit Designer, CorelDRAW, and SketchBook.
Do Professionals Use Clip Studio Paint Alternatives?
Yes, there are definitely many alternatives to Clip Studio Paint that are used by professionals, such as Adobe Illustrator and Procreate.
The Final Words- Alternatives To Clip Studio Paint
Obviously, Here we let you about all the Clip Studio pros and cons and introduced you to some of the best CSP alternative. We know Clip Studio Paint is a great software for digital art and design and comes with great features like best CSP brushes, an easy-to-use interface, and amazing tools, but there are some limitations offered by the software. So, because of these limitations, we need Clip Studio Paint alternatives.
In this article, we have mentioned the best 10 alternatives of Clip Studio Paint, namely Affinity Designer, Adobe Illustrator, Vector Magic, Procreate, PaintTool SAI, SVGator, Gravit Designer, CorelDRAW, SketchBook, and Sketch.
Among these 10, Affinity Designer can be concluded to be the best one because of its features and cheap pricing. But if you still want to use CSP then you can use the Clip Studio Paint discount code to get it at a more affordable price.
Affinity Designer can be considered the best Clip Studio Paint alternative to be used in 2023 that is used to create logos, icons, and UI designs.
Yes, all the apps similar to Clip Studio Paint mentioned above are worth using. They are easy to use and cheaper than CSP.
Moreover, you can also check out related articles: